'Fiona is passionate about empowering women and families to choose what feels right for them around birth and parenthood. She has worked as a birth and postnatal doula since 2011 and loves supporting families and witnessing the awesome journey that they move through, as they lovingly establish themselves and their transforming family.
She is currently based in Findhorn, North Scotland and is a member of the Scottish Doula Network. She wants women and families to feel informed and empowered to make the choices that feel right for them, and to have positive, enriching births that are a beautiful initiation into parenthood. During the time after birth, families can benefit from some extra support as they adjust to life with an expanded family. Each family is unique and has different requirements, her aim is to provide flexible, open and non-judgemental support for those she works with. Together with Fiona, you can explore what would best suit your families needs.
Some of the things you can expect from her postnatal doula service include;
- Empathic listening, emotional support and reassurance
- Breast feeding and general baby care support and ideas
- Signposting of information and evidence based research
- Taking care of the baby, giving you time out to rest or do other things
- Practical help with light housework and the preparation of vegetarian meals
- An opportunity to share your experience and your birth story
- The use of talking mats to explore what has or is happening for you related to birth and parenthood
Fiona has a psychology degree and a certificate in counseling skills. She is reflective of her practise and has gained much confidence and knowledge through her life and professional experiences. She values the power of listening to and following our own truth and intuition. We all have our own answers, we just need to look within and she aims to support you in finding what is right for you. She practices as a one to one counsellor, in person or online, and also supports groups. In addition, Fiona enjoys offering maternity and postnatal reflexology. She loves to dance, especially on the beach with happy tunes in her headphones!'